Bangkok is one of the World’s most stunning cities. Its official Thai name is Krung Thep which means City of Angels. This wonderful city offers plenty of things to do and see. It’s where immortal divinity dwells. It has enormous royal palaces, over 400 temples, and a modern skyline of skyscrapers and suspension bridges.
Best time to visit
There is a wide period of raining season in Bangkok that goes from May to November. So if you are planning to go to Bangkok it would be better to go in the dry season from December to February. March to June is pretty hot so if you go on those months you’ll have to use lots of sun protector and book an air-conditioned room.
The best way to get around in Bangkok is by using the BTS Sky Train or if you’d like to enjoy the cool river breeze you can take the Chao Phraya River Express. You can also use taxis and Tuks-Tuks.
Where to stay
Bangkok is a huge city with a wide range of places to stay. If you are planning to stay at a hotel 5-star hotel, two of the best hotels are Oriental Residence Bangkok and So Sofitel.
We also recommend the Amari Watergate Hotel in the Pratunam Area, Citrus 11, Novo Hotel, and the S31 Hotel in the Sukhumvit Area.
One of the best and also most expensive area s in Bangkok is Chao Phraya Riverside. Here you can stay at The Peninsula, Shangri-la, Orchid Sheraton, or Sala Rattanakosin.
Attractions and places to visit
- Temples – In Bangkok you can find hundreds of temples being the most important one the Wat Phra Kaew or Emerald Buddha temple located in the Grand Palace
- Palaces -the Grand Palace served as the residence of the Royal Family. In Dusit district, you can find the Vimanmek Royal teak mansion, Ananta Samakhom Throne Hall, and Dusit palace
- Siriraj Medical Museum – here you will find the most bizarre and cool artifacts.
- Art in Paradise – At Art in Paradise you can take fun photos posing in 3D artwork that seem as if you were part of the scenery.
- Baiyoke building – this building is in Pratunam district and it’s an 88 story building with numerous restaurants on the top floors.
- Indian Dinner Cruise – You can see Bangkok’s landmark aboard a refurbished rice barge and enjoy wonderful food, drinks, and music in a relaxed ambiance.
Shopping in Bangkok
Bangkok has an open-air market called Chatuchak Weekend Market. It’s one of the biggest markets in the world as it covers a 35-acre area, and has more than 8 thousand stalls. Here you can buy almost anything you need. From clothes, furniture, home wear, food, plants and even animals, this huge market has just what you are looking for.
You can also visit de Siam district and shop at Siam Paragon, MBK, Central World, Siam Discovery Center, and the EmQuartier.
Foods and drinks
Thai food is delicious but if you are not used to spicy food then it can be a challenge. Among the favorite dishes you can find in Bangkok you have the Massaman Curry, Pad Thai, Pork Noodle Soup, and Chicken Satay. If you like dessert, you must try Sticky Rice Mango and Roti.